Pesto is a traditional Italian sauce native to Genoa. There are different variations of pesto, and may include ingredients like the rocket, dried tomatoes, basil, olive oil and other. The best thing about this pesto is it can be easily made, doesn’t take much time, so why not afford yourself a fresh one instead of the processed.
Time of preparation: 15 minutes
- Wash kale, chop it and dry with a paper towel.
- Put it in a food processor and add finely chopped onion and garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and a little bit of water.
- Then add some cashew (Indian) nuts that you’ve pre-fried in a dry pan.
- Mix all the ingredients and add spices of your choice.
- kale: 1 handful
- onion: 2
- garlic: 2 cloves
- lemon juice: 4 tablespoons
- olive oil: 3 tablespoons
- water: optional
- cashew nuts: 1 handful
- salt: optional
Add just as much water to meet your “version” of pesto, since it can differ in viscosity and intensity of flavour even.
Translation: G. Dujmović