Preparation time: 35 minutes Servings: 4
- 400 g green peas
- 350 g potato
- 1 onion
- 50 g smoked bacon
- 20 g butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
Step by step
- Peel the potato and cut it in cubes. Cook it in salty water till it is half-cooked.
- Simmer the peas in a bit of salty water. In the meantime chop onion, garlic and bacon.
- Fry bacon a bit that add butter, oil, onion and garlic. Simmer for few minutes and than add potatoes.
- Cook for 15 minutes more.
- In the end, add green peas and simmer for extra 10 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and parsley leaves.
This dish goes very well with meat or fish.