Helena Rubinstein once said: ”There are no ugly women, only lazy ones”. She believed every woman can be beautiful with a little help – right diet, physical activity, positive attitude, ‘almighty’ makeup, and the results will soon be visible! Thanks to the right makeup tricks, you can cover you ”imperfections” and accentuate your best features. Don’t overdo it though – pay attention to the God given beauty of your face.
– Before applying makeup, make sure you hydrate your skin, and use a serum that will reduce the appearance of pores and prevent your foundation to reach them, and also, keep your skin hydrated for a longer period of time.
– You should put on a thin coat of lip balm before applying lipstick.
– It’s important to find the colour that best suits you. How can we be sure we got this one right? If you can’t notice it on the face, you can rest assured you nailed it. The best concealers and cream foundations are those with a yellow undertone because it’s already in our skin. By using such makeup, you’ll be able to neutralise redness and hide acne.
– The secret to good makeup is achieving that fresh-faced look so make sure you apply a pink under eye concealer because it will help you get rid of those dark circles that make you look tired.
– After you have applied your foundation/concealer, your face should have a certain glow so the best thing would be to avoid matte foundations. As I’ve mentioned before, take your time to find the right colour – you certainly don’t want people to see you have makeup on. Finally, take a powder foundation and apply it to your T zone (nose and forehead). – Apply bronzer to your cheekbones where sun rays would normally give you colour.
– Apply blush to the upper side of your cheekbones – smile and do downward strokes using a big brush. If you want a youthful look, go for pink colours. Use orange blush only with a lipstick of the same colour.
– If you’re looking for a bigger eye effect, choose simple, neutral colours, especially white. Apply white eye pencil to the inner rim – it’s a nifty trick. Also, apply a white eyeshadow to the inner rim of your eyelids – you’ll get the look you wanted.
– With nicely shaped eyebrows you’ll achieve a perfect face – when you find your eyebrow shade or pencil, it will blend perfectly with your brows. Don’t forget to bring the tweezers into the picture.
Let’s not fool ourselves, natural beauty is no myth, we’ve all heard things about people having ”good” genes. As for those of you who want to improve the way you look – don’t forget – lip gloss, healthy complexion, new haircut, and a positive attitude do wonders!
Translation: A. Slišković