Though holidays are finished by now, a desire to indulge our sweet tooth surely exists in many of you so you still may be searching for a perfect recipe that will delight your guests and your senses. If you do not wish to bother making anything too complicated, this recipe – a chocolate paradise for your senses – is an ideal choice.
Mint is known for its nice and distinguishing scent and taste of menthol, not to mention that it is also used as a medicinal plant and to produce essential oils, medications, and teas. It is refreshing and has soothing properties so it is particularly beneficial in treating respiratory problems. Moreover, it helps reduce headaches and has calming effects as well.
Fresh mint leaves are most often used in cooking; it can be grown in smaller pots so you can always have it if necessary.
It helps treat digestion regulation and is used in various sauces, stews, vegetable dishes, but sweet dishes as well.
If you seek for a simple recipe that will ideally fulfill your holiday menu, we suggest trying out this sweet and delicious cream that your guests will surely love.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- dark chocolate: 100 g
- eggs: 2
- instant coffee: 1 teaspoon
- fresh mint: 1 teaspoon
- sweet cream
- some fruit of your choice (for decoration)
- Use the water bath method to melt the chocolate and then move away from the stove.
- Beat egg yolks and add them to the chocolate while it is still hot.
- Add chopped mint and a teaspoon of coffee and leave this mixture to cool down for about 20 minutes.
- Beat the egg-whites but make sure they don’t become too stiff and then add them gently to the fine chocolate.
- Serve in smaller bowls and add some whipped cream as decoration and of course, put a few mint leaves on the top.
Delicious and easy chocolate cream will blow your mind while at the same time it requires only minimal effort and time. Since this dish does not contain added carbs, you can enjoy this treat without feeling guilty.
Translati0n: G. Dujmović