Magic green beverage
It may sound a bit strange to hear, but raw food can really be delicious. Even I have been sceptical about the idea of eating raw food until I’ve tried this green detox smoothie that simply thrilled me. This smoothie is excellent for eliminating toxins from your body and it is best to be consummated early in the morning with the breakfast, but it can even work as a breakfast substitute, all depending on your needs. Though its taste is somewhat edgier, it is really great and definitively something you should try out, you’ll be surprised!
- 1 banana
- 4 dates
- 2 peeled oranges
- 1 lemon juice
- freshly grated nutmeg
- cashew or any other nut of your choice
- any other seasonal fruit
- 1 to 2 handfuls of cleaned spinach (it’s important that spinach is organically grown because it should be raw so there is no place for chemicals here!)
- 4 dl of water
- Wash and peel all the ingredients.
- First, put dates in a blender and later add banana, oranges, nutmeg and spinach and blend well.
- Add water and blend again.
You’ll be surprised how tasteful this smoothie is. If you don’t have a blender, food processor you can use stick blender as well.
Thanks to lemon juice which acts as a natural preservative, this magical green smoothie can be stored in the fridge up to three days, but shake well before use.
Translation: G. Dujmović